Tuesday, March 15, 2011

You Make Me Feel Like Dancing

It's that time of year again. The thrill. The tears. The uncertainty. Digging deep. Flying objects. Lots of running. And that was just putting together my March Madness board with Madeline's help. But seriously, we're looking forward to the commencement of the games around here. Jessie and I are still hemming and hawing about our brackets, but the girls are settled and locked. Kimberly picked straight seeds, or in the case of the play-in games, alphabetically. The girl likes structure. (Really, I just couldn't think of any feasible way to have her pick 'games herself. But you don't get out of March Madness around here just because you're four months old. It's MANDATORY.) Madeline picked her games from flash cards with the team name, logo/mascot (whichever was easiest to grab off google), and seeding. For some reason she became fixated with Arkansas Little Rock, and they smashed opponent after opponent. Despite their incredibly lame logo. And became National Champion. Now I'm glad I didn't make Madeline put money on it, because people look down on you when you fleece your kids like that.

Anyway. Excitement levels around here are go. And I can't guarantee there will be anything on this blog besides basketball the next few weeks. We'll try. Kimberly does have a doctor's appointment today, so you may get a post tomorrow complaining about cranky baby syndrome if her vaccinations don't go well. In which case I may have to sit and hold her all afternoon and read articles about March Madness. My life is really difficult sometimes, but I don't mind sacrificing for my children.

No comments: