Thursday, March 24, 2011

Basketball makes you fit and stuff.

Why hello. Welcome Back from our basketball break. Let's just get the necessities over with so we can talk about other things. My bracket is doing decently, although I'm starting to regret picking Kentucky. Probably not the best idea. I'm loving the upsets and the close games. And the iPad. Because I've gotten to watch approximately 3.4 games on our big screen television because Madeline would rather watch Snow White or Megamind than the Best Sport Ever. Ridiculous. I really don't know who raised her. Maybe it's because her bracket sucks. WHABAM! JIMMERED! (Sorry to all of you who are sick of hearing about him. But really, it's your own fault. For not worshipping idols. Party poopers. All the cool kids are doing it.)

Anyway. There was other stuff after that awesome weekend. Kimberly's appointment went fine, and there were no post vaccination breakdowns. Except mine, because it meant I couldn't use a sick baby as an excuse to watch basketball. Oh well. By the way, Kimberly is very tall. And very hungry. We started her on rice cereal and she just looks at us adoringly as we shovel it into her mouth. She's also tried sweet potatoes this week, rolled over a couple more times (this is news because after doing it the first few times she went on strike for three weeks), and has learned to sit up on her own for 30 seconds to a few minutes before she flops over in surprise at her own daring.

Oh. And in other news, Jessie and I are pretending to get fit. I joined this facebook group of women in my ward who want to lose weight, and Jessie decided he could shed five pounds or so, and we decided to have a weight loss extravaganza. Usually these don't go well. But so far this week I've been pretty good, and this time we're dieting AND exercising (please hold your applause), and setting real goals, and sharing them for accountability, and having weekly weigh-ins, and doing all the legitimate stuff you do when you're hard core and amazing. So you can expect to see me on the cover of some ritzy fashion magazine about June. I would name a specific example as a nifty writing strategy to engage you, the reader, but I don't know any ritzy fashion magazines, and I don't want to guess lest you mock me. But I promise to learn their names when I'm the star model for one of them.

No comments: