Saturday, March 12, 2011

In which we do not discuss that thing that happened.

So, BYU didn't deliver today. And there was much sadness and cringing in the Warner household. But we're going to focus on the positive. So...not tonight's game. Yeah.

...

Okay. On the bright side, I went to the temple today for the first time in five months. Very refreshing. And it was also my first time ever going by myself. I am so awesome that way. Finally growing up and spreading my wings. The most awesome part of the whole night was the two old lady workers in the dressing room talking about the BYU/San Diego game. Except we're not talking about that. But seriously, it was funny, and I was grinning. But actually they were talking about rising taco prices. Because we can't talk about what they were really talking about.

...

Anyway, on the way there, I almost hit a teenager on a tricycle. No lie. At least it looked like a tricycle. Some kind of tricycle/scooter hybrid that looked entirely awkward with a teenager hunched over on it. Is this a new fad I am not aware of in my lame old person world? Probably. On the way home two hours later I almost hit two teenagers on tricycles. I think one of them was the one who almost died before. I think the universe is trying to tell these teenagers something. Probably that if Jimmer's almost buzzer beater doesn't count, they don't deserve to live. Except this happened before the game, back when we were allowed to talk about the game. Which we're now not talking about.

...

On one last sort of related note, while I was gone Madeline was watching some women's NCAA hoops and she said, "Look! Mommy is playing basketball! On TV!" And Jessie was all like, yes, that is most definitely your awesome MVP mother. She's the one making all the layups and rebounds and steals and stuff. And I felt validated that my two year old thinks I could play on a college level. (We can discuss this incident because although it is basketball related, it is not related to that other game we're not allowed to talk about. That one. You know. So don't mention it to me.)

...

Happy Daylight Savings!

1 comment:

emily said...

Haha, your blog makes me laugh!! Very witty you are:) Love it!