Friday, April 1, 2011

Only Fools Rush In

Ah, APril Fool's Day. We sort of have a love/hate relationship of sorts. I adore the idea of April Fool's. I would love to get a reputation as the best prankster ever. But somehow the day rolls around and I just can't bring myself to play any good jokes. I'm either afraid people won't take the joke well, or can't think of anything good, or don't want to put the effort into a really masterful plan. So as much as I'd love to tell you I'm out to get you, you're probably pretty safe from me. Unless you care to leave your facebook password for me, in which case I'll try to cook up a little something just for you.

Jessie is a big fan of pranks. Apparently when he lived up at BYU Idaho, he and his roommates were notoriously cruel to their friends of the female persuasion. Once they left a garbage can full of milk and cereal leaning against their door. I told him he ought to have been locked up. He also thinks taking all the labels off of their food cans is hilarious. I think it's a waste of food. Apparently this is why I never pull off any great April Fool's jokes. When I was little, my sister and I put all our stuffed animals in trash bags and stuffed them in the shower so my dad couldn't get ready in the morning. We thought that was pretty clever. But then my dad decided to pull a joke of his own and made us believe he was livid about it and that we were going to be grounded for about a year. I blame him for my inability to pull a good joke. It was traumatizing. Which is why I can't bring myself to play any jokes on Madeline either, because I don't want to screw up the holiday for her.

On a related note, I was very disappointed when I checked facebook this morning to see that none of my friends were unexpectedly pregnant, moving, or dead. Things have gotten better, but really people! Let's have some drama! Only about 1/4 of you are having some sort of relationship or disaster related crisis, and I submit that number is much too low. This is why technology was invented. Come on.

And speaking of technology, I leave you with this little nugget of technological wonder. Just know that when my phone contract expires, I'm totally getting me one of these:

http://www.pomegranatephone.com/

Happy April Fool's everybody! Enjoy your merriment! I'll try to get into the swing of things. And scare the living daylights out of someone. But only because I care.

No comments: