Friday, April 9, 2010

Madeline is sleeping, so allow me to do Jessie's bragging for him.

Madeline is weird. For a many, many reasons. But sometimes she forgets it is day time and takes gigantic marathon naps. And then is really cranky when I wake her up. I almost never wake her up, but if I am afraid her nap is going to last six hours and I am going to be up all night with her, I will wake her up. Right now she has been asleep for three hours. I went in to see if she was stirring. I made some noises, snapped my fingers, and stared at her for a while. She just looked cute and slept. And I didn't have the heart to wake her up. I am actually a little afraid to. Because she will probably yell at me. Have you ever had that cranky, groggy, yucky feeling when you sleep too long? I'm pretty sure Madeline feels that way. So I am chicken. And instead of waking up my daughter, I am going to blog about Jessie.

The other day, I wrote a blog. I told Jessie about it. He said, "Did you blog about my iphone?". I told him I blogged about Madeline dying. He was kind of disappointed. "I think you should blog about my iphone." He's just a little excited. Or maybe a lot. His work bought him an iphone. Because they bought it and are paying for the ultra expensive plan, I let him keep it. Because I am nice like that. He brought it home two days ago. Now his favorite nighttime activity is playing Youtube videos on it for Madeline. (She thinks iphone is synonymous with Poppins.) He does this even if the laptop or television are bigger and closer. Yesterday we went to a wedding reception for my cousin. It was ridiculously easy to find the church. He had me look up directions on his iphone and we tracked ourselves with GPS the entire way. He now likes to spend his free time pretending to throw wads of paper into garbage cans at various locations. Fake locations. So that is Jessie's iphone. And Jessie. And the great thing is I never have to plan a date night again, because we'll just be bowling together on his iphone. And eating at virtual restaurants. And we won't even need a babysitter.

1 comment:

JoeyJoeJoe said...

Iphones are awesome. Congats Jessie. I'm with you, bragging about the iphone is far more important than anything else you could blog about.