Saturday, April 17, 2010

Another birthday. So many people were born and stuff.

Yesterday, Jessie got really old. Should I tell you how old? He is now in his LATE twenties. Practically dead. But I love old geezers, even though I'm still young and vivacious myself, so I'll keep him. We went out to dinner and bowling to celebrate, because we are awesomely creative and original people. Jessie beat me. Or maybe I let him beat me because it was his birthday. Or maybe my center of gravity was off because I'm pregnant. (I told you it's an excuse for everything.) Anyway, since I listed the reasons we love Madeline, I guess I'll tell you why we appreciate Jessie.

1. Jessie likes to clean. It relaxes him. So while I sit on my couch and try not puke, he organizes all the stuff I'm supposed to have done for the last week. For fun. or to procrastinate homework. I don't really care the reason. Don't probe too much into a good thing.

2. He makes an excellent horse. If you're two. He tends to complain if he has to give me rides around the living room. But Madeline loves it.

3. He lets me play with his new iphone. He even let me read a whole Jane Austen novel on it. Which means it was out of his control for hours on end. That means he loves me.

4. He kills bugs. I hate bug guts, and bug sounds, and basically any spider or bee that looks like they have it in for me. Once upon a time, a giant bumble bee was stalking me. I got a cup over it but was afraid to touch it because the bee got very angry and I feared for my life. Jessie didn't laugh at me when he came home eight hours later and there was a dead bee in a cup, weighted down with books, in the middle of our living room. He just disposed of it. Good husband material right there.

5. He makes good French toast. But he won't tell me his secret. So maybe he only gets a half point for that.

6. He only gets mad once in a while when I steal all of the blankets. And he listens to all my crazy dreams. (I had a good one the other night where I had a long conversation with Dwight Shrute trying to prove I was an alien. But that's a different story.)

7. He is tall. And dark. And handsome.

Yes, we like Jessie a lot around here. He's pretty useful and entertaining and stuff. Happy birthday Jessie, and don't worry. We'll take good care of you in your old age.

No comments: