Thursday, January 28, 2010

Poppinz and the Boyz

Don't you think that's a great band title?

Anyway. This post is brought to you courtesy of Mary Poppins. Because Madeline is in watching it. Again. But I've kind of reached my Dyke Van Dyke saturation point. Who knew such a thing existed?

I suppose we'll never know why Madeline gets these quirks in her head. Besides Mary Poppins, she's fallen in love with Candy Land. Or, more accurately, the little gingerbread playing pieces from Candy Land. Because she doesn't really like to play the game. She just scatters the cards everywhere and then stands on the board holding the gingerbread men and spinning in circles. She calls them her boys, which makes me laugh. Yesterday morning, I heard her yelling for me from her crib, so I went in to get her. Our conversation went exactly like this.

Me: Good morning!
Madeline: My Boys! Where they go?
Me: They're downstairs.
Madeline: Poppins?

So if that's not proof that she eat sleeps and breathes Mary Poppins, I don't know what is.

1 comment:

Madeleine said...

Hi Cami! It's been a long time. I love your blog. I'm glad I stumbled across it. Your daughter is adorable and hilarious (and has a great name, if I do say so myself :) ). I'm glad to see your life is so happy.