Monday, February 1, 2010

Some new things.

So I have a new picture. Shame on you if you didn't notice. I was talking to Jessie and decided I wanted some more recent pictures in my blog header. And instantly my husband, being the awesome software geek he is, decides to make me one using photoshop. Only he can't just make a normal collage, because there is no challenge in that. So instead he watches some tutorials on youtube about how to fade pictures into each other and gradients and masks and who knows what else. And an hour later, he's still playing with things and having way more fun than I ever anticipated a casual remark about my blog header could inspire. And now there are a ton of faded pictures of us, but mostly of Madeline, because we only take pictures of her. Oh, and my mom and dad are hiding out in there too, for reasons known only to Jessie. Go ahead and play a little Where's Waldo. You know you want to. And if you love it, tell Jessie. It will make his existence worthwhile. If you don't, please keep it to yourself, or he'll be photoshopping the rest of the week and I'll have no one to talk to but a one year old whose vocabulary is pretty much limited at the moment to "broke it", "Poppins", and "lunch".
In other way exciting news: Jessie realized that we're actually getting more money from the government than we originally anticipated. So to celebrate, we spontaneously bought a new sectional. Because there was a really good sale, and because we're pretty sure the piece we selected will make it through our winding stair maze of death and fit into the basement. A picture, just so my blog will continue to visually stimulate you:Sorry for all the dead space. It was a necessary evil. But isn't it pretty? I like all the pillows. Now we can watch movies on the same couch, and still have room for Madeline to bounce around without a elbow in the ribs or a foot in the face. It's coming on Wednesday. Because we paid the delivery people to push it down the winding stair maze of death. We weren't born yesterday.

No comments: