Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Oh, Canada.

So you think I'd have something to blog about. In the last few days I got old, mostly ignored Valentine's Day, watched the Olympics, and went on a holiday shopping trip. Actually, I'm not feeling very inspired to blog about any of the above. But I will anyway, because I love you. Also because I am watching Mary Poppins again. (Bet you thought we might get through one blog post without mentioning that. No, no, we won't. My life is Mary Poppins and you should all suffer too.) Anyway. Prepare yourself for my random thoughts on theses random events. Go.

Getting old: I am twenty-four. Officially. Twenty-four is a very mathematically pleasing number. I celebrated getting old by having a migraine. Well, I really celebrated by going to Desert Star Playhouse and watching the opening ceremonies. But my head exploding was kind of distracting. Apparently my brain cells were programmed to spontaneously combust after twenty-four years of use. That's okay. I don't need my brain anymore.

Ignoring Valentine's day, mostly: We didn't really celebrate Valentine's Day because we had just gone out for my birthday, and it was on a Sunday, and we don't love each other. Okay, I lied about one of those, probably the Sunday thing. I did make heart shaped ham and pink mashed potatoes and gravy for dinner on Sunday. Jessie is decidedly against changing the color of mashed potatoes, but I do what I want. Madeline was unfazed by pink potatoes. We also ate some cupcakes with hearts in them our neighbors brought us, so we are not total scrooges.

Watching the Olympics: I was enjoying watching the Olympics until I realized that Madeline has now been alive through two of them. Then I freaked out about getting old and stuff. Then I watched them anyway. I enjoyed the whales in the opening ceremony and the crazy drunk fiddling tap dancers. When my head wasn't exploding. I have taught Madeline to say "Go Americans!". And I stayed up too late watching figure skating because I think it's unbelievably awesome a married couple won. And I think if I ever enter the Olympics it will be in sailing or something because watching people fly down hills that fast scares me.

Holiday shopping trip: My sister had the day off work, so we had a girl's shopping day. I spent my birthday money on shoes and clothes. Surprise. And Madeline bought some awesome light up Disney princess boots. Or rather, my mother bought them, because if Madeline has an appreciable source of income, she's keeping it a secret from both myself and the IRS, and I'll report her for the rat fee if I catch her at it.

There. That was my fun and exciting weekend of non-stop action and adventure. Unfortunately, my twenty-four year old body couldn't handle it and I'm feeling lazy and tired today. Heaven help us when I hit twenty-five.

No comments: