Monday, June 29, 2009

We like to move it move it

So I've been a little busy lately, I guess. Doing stuff. And junk. And other stuff. Oh, and buying a house. And stuff.

Jessie and I decided to bite the bullet and become indebted for the rest of our lives, in the hopes that a) someday we won't have to pay rent and b) no one will yell at us if we stick nails into our walls wherever we want them. We're buying a townhouse in Lehi. That is, we're buying it if everything goes through alright and it doesn't burn down and we don't blow our down payment money on a trip to Sweden to stay in the ice hotel. This is all very exciting and stuff. But it means we're very very very busy. Doing things like cleaning the apartment top to bottom every day for potential renters. And getting tax returns and pay stubs and bank account information from the last 73 years. And trying to find boxes that are cheap/free. Because seriously, why does one large moving box cost five freaking dollars? At WALMART, of all places? My go to store that always gives me cheap, flimsy products for, well, cheap? I'm disheartened. Luckily, WalMart doesn't know we have hired Jessie's brother (who works in their produce department) to steal their used fruit boxes and we're not paying a cent.

I know, you're all very excited, but hold your applause. Sometime in the range of the next 2 days to 2 months I'll post some pictures and give you details on how amazingly awesome my new house is and which of its features Madeline has permanently stained with strawberries and/or juice and/or crayon. But first I have to pack. So don't count on hearing my witty little expositions on my life too often the next little while. I shall miss you. And probably procrastinate packing in favor of telling you twice a week how much fun packing is. Until then.

No comments: