Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Dinner and Dad's Day

I love being a stay at home mom, but there's one task that really bugs me sometimes. (Okay, maybe more than one, but I'm only going to complain about one here. Maybe I'll complain about the dishes tomorrow, if you're lucky.) I hate deciding what to do for dinner. I don't even really mind making it. But you have to plan it, and try to decide what will sound good to everybody, and make sure you have all the ingredients, and then you have to do it all over again tomorrow. This is why in college I ate nothing but mashed potatoes, sausage, and Sunny D. Not necessarily together. Luckily, Jessie isn't too picky, and if I have something on the table when he gets home, he's happy. Maybe today we'll just have Trix yogurt. Do you think Jessie will say anything if I just put some yogurt on the table?

I also haven't decided what to get Jessie for Father's Day yet. That's right, I'm a slacker. It's in four days and I have no clue. The problem is, he got me a pretty good Mother's Day gift. He lost a couple points because he didn't order it until a few days before, so it came a little late. But he still set the bar pretty high. So now I have to find something that says, "Jessie is freaking awesome, and Cami is the best at picking out Father's Day gifts." But I thought that would look a little long on a t-shirt, so I need a gift that just implies it instead of saying it outright. Problem is, apparently you are supposed to buy tools or furniture for Father's Day, and Jessie already has ample amounts of both. He just wants a big screen television, but since our tv fund is only up to about 40 bucks, I'm thinking we still have a while before I can use that as a gift idea. So I'll probably just aimlessly search the internet for the next three days and go pick him up some socks at WalMart Saturday night. Maybe they'll seem cooler if I get muti-colored ones instead of white.

1 comment:

J. said...

I hate deciding on dinners too. Such a pain. But not worse than dishes or scrubbing the floors.