Friday, June 26, 2009

I don't see the family resemblance.

So yesterday I was watching a couple of my sister-in-law's kids while she was at Lagoon. One of which is a nine month old with amazing talents. Here are some of the amazing, phenomenal, astonishing things my niece can do at nine months that Madeline has never quite got the hang of:

-Hold still while you change her diaper
-Hold still while you put on her clothes
-Hold still while you wipe her face
-Eat all of her food without making a mess, and in record time
-Stay in one spot when you set her down. (Not because she can't crawl. Because she likes to sit in one spot and play with a toy or watch the things going on around her. I thought to myself, oh. This is how people bring children to sacrament meeting without sedating them first.)
-Cry at a decibel level under 1 million
-Stay away from the dishwasher when I am loading it and making fun clanking sounds

In other words, I discovered the reason why people have multiple children. And how they don't die when said multiple children are less than ten years apart. Fortunately for me, my child is not obedient or quiet. But hey, what can you do? I love my trouble maker child and wouldn't trade her, because she's so cute when she's getting into mischief. Remind me of that on Sunday when she's playing under the bishop's chair. (Note: This has never actually happened to us. Yet.)

1 comment:

Emma Rae said...

It's official I need to visit. What are you all doing on Monday afternoon? I'm there.