Monday, June 8, 2009

A few random thoughts on scouts, my exciting life, umbrellas and footwear

So, I'm a slacker. I usually don't like to mention when I'm a slacker, in hopes that the world at large won't notice. But I've been a bad blogger lately. And I have no excuse. I have not been sick, I have not been vacationing, I have not been busy beyond all belief magnifying my callings and hosting enrichments and working in my extensive garden, and my internet has been fully functional. I'm just a royal slacker. Tell your friends.

I have been doing a few things though, lest you think I sit at home and watch soap operas all day. I don't even like soap operas. If I wanted all the drama, I would have remained single in a ward at BYU forever. No, I have been doing other stuff. I went to cub scout camp on Saturday. Boy, was that a lot of fun. If your definition of fun is chasing ten year olds who hate boondoggle all day. I'd blame it on the short attention spans of prepubescent boys, but the majority of the other dens attending had twice as many boys and half the amount of disobedience. I prefer to think of our boys as "high energy". I'm trying to figure out a way to hook them up to my car and save the environment. Chew on that idea, Mr. President: Cub Scouts are the solution to the energy crisis.

But that's not all folks. Surely you didn't think my week consisted solely of cub scouts. I also bought myself an umbrella. Exciting, no? Actually, I bought Jessie one too, because I suddenly decided umbrellas were a necessary commodity for every successful home. And for some reason we haven't owned an umbrella for the past two years. Despite this egregious oversight, we managed to survive. Now it probably won't rain for a month. But if it does, I have an umbrella. Which I probably will have either left at home or won't be able to find when a sudden downpour does arrive. I also bought shoes, which won't help at all in a downpour and are actually not sensible for bad weather at all. But they were really cute and they were on sale, and if I learned anything from my sister, it's that those are two really good reasons to buy shoes. And you really only need one or the other to justify yourself. Hope you enjoyed your fun and exciting week as much as I enjoyed mine. I'm going to go pick out outfits that match my shoes. (Jessie doesn't understand this urge. Poor Jessie. I think he only owns four or five pair of shoes.)

No comments: