Saturday, May 2, 2009

Girls just wanna have fun. And become professional wrestlers.

Welcome to May! It fees like it's been a long time coming. April isn't supposed to be that long, is it? We've been keeping busy so far this month. All 48 hours of it. I went to a reception for an old college friend (as in we met years ago, not that she's old. She's youthful and vibrant.) Then I attended the annual Jessop girl's night out. Which has only been every other year since I've been in the family, but I'm told it's annual, so by George, it must be annual. We played board games and ate food and talked about how silly our husbands are, and husbands in general. And how cute our children are. And how much we were glad our husbands were watching said cute children. Anyway, the Jessop Annual Girl's Night Out is apparently a sleepover. Having attended one other such event, I was unaware that the sleeping over was also an Annual Event. Which means I stayed up til midnight with the gals, and then drove home and woke up at 6 am with the cute child. Not my best plan ever. I hereby resolve to prepare for the sleeping over portion of the festivities in future years, so as to take advantage of the whole sleeping-in thing. And to make sure Jessie does silly husband things once in a while so I have gossip for the ladies.

Tonight we went to our ward Game Night. It was a lot of fun, and Jessie discovered that I know way more about random old television trivia than he had ever suspected. I have so many layers of hidden talents that even after three years, my husband is still learning the extent of my awesomeness. The only hitch to the evening was that Madeline kept getting body slammed by one of the other girls. It was quite the sight to see. We think she may have been trying to hug Madeline and has just watched too much professional wrestling. She'd grab Madeline around the neck, lift her as high as she could in the air, and then slam her down onto the floor. It was pretty impressive, actually. This two year old was hefting 20 pounds when she couldn't have been more than 35 herself. Unfortunately, it was not so fun for Madeline. She held up admirably the first half a dozen times, without even crying, but then she'd had enough. When the two year old figured out that we were watching for the choke hold, she changed tactics and started sneaking up behind Madeline and pushing her down. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, right? For her patience, Madeline was rewarded with a brownie and some extra cuddling. She's already pretty hip to the concept that chocolate fixes everything. Girl after my own heart.

No comments: