Friday, May 22, 2009

I like my furniture and mocking others' pain.

We have new couches. Well, old couches. But newer than our previous old couches. So far, Jessie and I have spent a total of $20 on living room and kitchen furniture in our entire lives. That was for the couches we just got rid of, which came from Jessie's apartment complex when we were engaged. I bought them for ten bucks a piece. I was really pretty proud that I could just walk up and pay cash for a couple of couches. Obviously, this was a more innocent time in my life where my biggest expense was $250 for rent each month, and I thought buying a new outfit for twenty bucks was a large investment. Anyway, back to the furniture. We managed to beg borrow and steal everything we have in there. Mostly from my parents. We steal a lot from my parents. Shh, don't tell them. We stole their couches, and a ficus tree they bought for my wedding reception, and their kitchen table, and their bed frame. Also a couple of bookshelves and some junk food they leave out on their counters. You just put a grandkid in front of them and they get very uninterested in what you may or may not be hauling out of their house.

Also. I am pretty excited Kris Allen won American Idol. In celebration of this, I like to go to the American Idol website and read all the posts from crushed Adam Lambert fans. They like to whine and cry and blame sexual orientation and the state of Arkansas. The beautiful thing is that they might have some valid points about Adam Lambert's actual talent, but it's buried under absurd posts from people comparing Adam Lambert to Abraham Lincoln, because apparently coming in second on American Idol is almost exactly like being assassinated. At least if you share initials. I happen to like Abraham Lincoln a lot, people, so let's leave him out of this. Pretty sure Lincoln did come in second, many times in his life, but he'd probably tell you getting shot was a hundred times worse. So let's stick to Christian conspiracy theories about Arkansas buddying up to AT&T and blaming it on his nail polish. Because I'm guilty. I totally hate Adam because he wears black nail polish and eyeliner and it's my fault entirely he lost. Except I forgot to vote and they probably wouldn't have counted it anyway because I'm not from Arkansas. Drat.

No comments: