Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The week without Daddy. Or sleeping.

Well, my husband went to Washington D.C. without me. Lest you think he's a big jerk, let me assure you that he's not having any fun. Unless trade shows are some huge secret party scene I've been missing out on. He'll be gone for four days, which incidentally, will be the longest we've ever been apart since, well, the first date. Pathetic, huh? So now we can test our relationship long distance and decide if we have what it takes. And if we don't, we're going to stay married anyway and enjoy ourselves.

So, you might ask, what does a girl spend her time doing to ease the heartache of being separated from her one and only? Well, my two favorite pastimes so far are 1) farm and 2) torment my daughter. My sister got the whole family addicted to some farming game on facebook. It's like Settlers of Catan 24/7. My mother is playing. Even my little brother without a facebook account is playing, via his older brother's dormant account. Thanks, Elder Lundstrom, for brightening your kid brother's day. Or allowing him to get addicted to an online gaming community that will suck out his soul and replace it with cabbages.

As for tormenting my daughter, that's really not as much fun as it sounds. Ever since she got sick she's been on a crazy, rather unpleasant sleeping schedule that's been driving me nuts. So we did what we always do when Madeline and I aren't getting along, sleepwise. Arbitration from Grandma. She found Madeline guilty of being too stubborn for her own good, and is currently getting her to take a nap. Madeline doesn't like it one bit. And I don't like hearing her cry. So it's pretty much awesome for everyone. And, with any luck, we'll get her back to taking naps and going to bed without a fuss just as Daddy gets back with jet lag and messes us all up again.

No comments: