Thursday, April 23, 2009

Our lives are very interesting. Promise.

So, when I said Madeline was better, I may have spoken hastily. Turns out she wasn't done puking and being sick. I won't go into the details, because you don't want to know the nitty gritty. But she's doing all right, and being really happy even though she's still sick. Jessie and I both got a bit of the bug too, but we're older and bigger and stronger (or at least our immune systems are), so we're both better now. But all this sickness has kept us from doing anything spectacularly cool this week, and my house is a mess. Anyone who can cuddle a one year old and clean their house at the same time has my undying admiration and a job offer.

So I've had a lot of time to sit and watch kid's television program since Madeline wants to do a lot of cuddling. And I'm sick of learning things. I'm sure in ten years, when my kids are watching more tv than I want them them to and wasting their lives, I'll be grateful it's all so educational. But right now I'm bored. I think every problem on a children's television show can be solved by spelling a word. And then, magically, everything is fixed. Got a broken window? It's okay. Just spell WINDOW and a new one will appear, without any repairman or way too much money spent. Kids are going to think the ability to spell can shrink people, move planets, and trap monsters. I'm a big fan of vocabulary and correct spelling and grammar, but I don't expect it to result in world peace. Give me a few more days of PBS and I might change my mind.

No comments: