Monday, April 20, 2009

If I'm the one getting sick on candy, why is my baby the one puking?

Hello again. It's been quite the weekend. Madeline busted out new levels of crankiness, which I attributed to teething, but later decided must be because she was sick. My first clue was the repeated vomiting. But she's feeling much better now, so many thanks to her devoted fans who were worried about her health. She'll be well enough to tour again soon. Maybe do some autographs.

On a different note, there is way too much candy in my house. I make a goal every day not to eat too much. Then, after I eat too much, I make a goal to define "too much" when setting my goal the next day. Then, the next day, after I put a number on it, I eat "too much" anyway. And decide it was better when "too much" was an abstract concept and I could lie to myself about the extent of my indulgence. If you want to do a favor that will ease my waistline, guilt, and save me time rationalizing, come steal all my Easter candy. And my ice cream. I'll complain but then I might get you a ribbon or something. Jessie's no help. He's had a chocolate Easter bunny or three and a bucket full of candy lying around for a week and he's had about 2.5 pieces all week. Dratted disciplined husbands. Madeline tries to help, too, but I put a stop to that because she thinks the tin foil wrappers are part of this whole purging process, and I am against pumping balls of tinfoil out of my kid's stomach. Also, the whole throwing up thing doesn't inspire me to let her stuff herself with candy. Alas. I lead a hard life.

No comments: