Monday, May 24, 2010

Why we are not as cool as the rest of the world.

Sometimes, I am reminded why I try to avoid wildly popular music, movies, or television shows. I don't always succeed. Which is why all this Lost madness is driving me crazy. Jessie and I got hooked, and we have a Lost party every week as our family home evening activity, because we are wildly spiritual. (Jessie has class on Mondays, which is why we have FHE on Tuesdays, lest you are confused.) But then, the stupid powers that be decided to air the finale on Sunday instead of Tuesday, which didn't work out for us for several reasons. So now we're the lame people who don't know what happened on the biggest series finale of the year. And because I promised my husband I would watch it with him, I have to wait until tomorrow night. Which shouldn't be a problem for an awesomely patient person like me, who is totally unconcerned with pop culture. But sometimes a certain two year old bleeds dry the ole' well of patience, and there's none left to deal with my strange television addictions. What a sad life I lead.

Anyway. That's two woe-is-me posts in a row, so we'll move on to better and happier things. We had a good weekend with a lot of happy perks. I ate some food and I liked it. We got to go to a family baby blessing, which made me want a baby. Good thing we're working on that. And we got to go to my little brother's seminary graduation, which made me want a son to send on a mission. (Give me twenty or thirty years and I'll work on that one too.) And much as I love nursery and my happy little kids, it was nice to have a week off. Because sometimes head, shoulders, knees and toes can really wear you out if you put too much oomph into it. So happy days all around.

No comments: