Thursday, May 20, 2010

Let us have a moment of mild belly aching.

Allow me to take a moment to gripe. Then we'll pretend I didn't. Okay? Great.

Someone stole my second trimester happy place. I'm kind of upset about it. I've been telling myself for the last month that one day I'll randomly wake up, have energy, and have an appetite. And probably gain twenty pounds in a day when that happens. But although the nausea has lessened, it refuses to go away. And food continues to be public enemy #1. Madeline can eat a carton of yogurt faster than I can, and I tell you, I am one jealous yogurt consumer. And I am one unhappy camper if I don't get my daily nap, as poor Madeline can attest. And I'm getting fatter without really gaining any weight, which is, I admit, the one pleasant side effect of this whole food fiasco.

So basically, I'm afraid eating will never be pleasurable again, and I'm bitter at all the websites that are telling me the second trimester should be the best part of my pregnancy. And I forgave Madeline for all the pregnancy ills she ever inflicted on me, since she had the decency to quit making me sick at 14 weeks. Bless you, Madeline.

Anyway. It feels good to get that off my chest. Venting is my new favorite hobby. If anybody asks, officially I love being pregnant and I'm glowing with joy and pregnancy hormones. Happy happy joy here in pregnancy land. Don't worry, I really do love it. I'm just bitter because Jessie is eating Doritos.

1 comment:

Emma Rae said...

One day, my dear Camille Amelia, I will be able to empathize with you. Until then, I'm sorry. But when I get there, will you remind me to read this and to try to find dry humor in it like you do?
I miss you, and I think I need to come and just hang out for an afternoon. Hopefully if you feel better by then we can even include eating of something fun. :)