Monday, May 17, 2010

Did you miss me?

Welcome back to Camiville, world! I took a little unannounced break, because I could, and I wanted to. Basically the last few weeks have been a little weird because we had a bit of a pregnancy scare, which was a bit stressful, and Madeline spent a lot of time hanging with Grandma, and Jessie had a conference for work, and I did absolutely nothing. Lest anyone freak out, rest assured that things are looking good now, and everything should be fine, and we even got to have an ultrasound today and see the little baby flipping around and stretching its legs. Which was pretty awesome. So really it was all just an excuse for me to have a week and a half long Mother's Day, with free babysitting, a clean house courtesy of my husband, a relief society retreat, and a lot of pampering in general. Sometimes I am pretty smart like that.

So, other exciting things that happened in the last two weeks, in random order: Jessie and I got eye exams and I ordered new glasses, since Madeline has smashed mine to smithereens. Jessie got his eyes dilated and apparently it was very traumatic. Madeline switched from her crib-bed to her real toddler bed, and now we have a crib sitting in our spare bedroom and I keep thinking there should be a baby in it. As mentioned before, I went to a relief society retreat at the Heber girl's camp, which was awesome, except that it was freezing and apparently long car rides on curvy roads make me puke. Thank you, pregnancy. We got to stay at the Marriot in downtown Salt Lake while Jessie was at his conference, which was exciting, because Madeline now loves elevators. We now entertain Madeline on long car rides (defined as over five minutes) by locating and chasing large tricks, school buses, Walmarts, and temples (i.e. church houses.)

So. That is what we have been doing. We're here. We're alive. And life is good. The end.

1 comment:

Emilee said...

glad everything is ok!!! your mom should have come over here to hang with us! my girls would love it! or, wow, YOU should come over there to hang with us sometime!