Monday, May 3, 2010

A post about Jessie, who is cool and stuff.

So the big news at our house this weekend: Jessie graduated. Mostly. He has this habit of pretending to graduate and then going to class for a few more months. What a faker. But he got to walk and take pictures and all that jazz on Saturday, and we're excited because it means he is close to being officially done. I took pictures of his handsome graduating awesomeness, but blogspot still hates me. So just imagine. Jessie now has more formal education than I do, so I'm a little jealous. I might have to get a Masters in Pregnancy or something to make me feel better. Because they totally should give degrees for that, based on the fact that a) a couple pregnancies take just as long as a degree, b) it's a 24/7 job, and c) your spouse suffers. Also because graduate robes are great maternity wear.

Anyway, Jessie wasn't sure what to do with the extra time he'll have in a few months. But our stake president is on top of things like that, so just for Jessie, he split the Elder's quorum in our ward and Jessie was called as a counselor in one of the presidencies. I told him it was totally the Elder's quorum president getting revenge on him for elbowing him in the face during ward basketball. I warned him that would have consequences. All in all though, I'm happy with the trade off, because Elder's quorum meetings are not as long or as far away as school. And he gets to hang out with people in our ward instead of sitting through powerpoint presentations. Everyone wins.

2 comments:

Emilee said...

well....i like the ticker you picked! and you know, if you dont have it on there some people may not even know you are preggers, like me! so there! glady ou did it, and now you can say you have one more "picture" on your blog...kind of! congrats...again!

connie said...

Ive always thought so much of Jessie. He is actually one of my heros- you found one awesome dude and Im sure he found a wonderful lady too