Thursday, May 19, 2011

Warning. Extreme moods ahead.

This morning I woke up, bounced down the stairs, and found Jessie in the kitchen. I was grinning and possibly giggling a little bit. If this sounds a bit odd to you, you are not alone. Jessie took one look at my face and said, "You slept really well, didn't you. You're very chipper." Normally chipper and morning and Cami are not found in the same area code. But it's amazing what a full night of sleep can do. No interruptions. (Except that one yell at four-thirty, but that hardly counts because I am chipper and I say it doesn't.) Eight blissful hours. Waking up on my own at seven. Getting deep enough into REM to do whatever it is you do in REM that makes you a normal human being. I have found my new drug. If someone could bottle this up I would probably sell my firstborn to get my daily high. Although if I sold my firstborn that would also solve half my problem.

Madeline is not chipper. Madeline is decidedly cranky, clingy, and upset for no apparent reason. Madeline has been trying to go down for a nap since 10:30. I told her that maybe all that yelling she's doing in the middle of the night is affecting her ability to get into really great REM, but she was too busy hyperventilating to really get the science behind it. I told Madeline not to ruin my sleep-induced happy place. Madeline has yet to develop empathy levels sufficient to care about my happy place. We're kind of at an impasse. I suspect Madeline might be a bit sick, since I am also sick, which would explain the whine-a-thon. Someone give that girl some drugs. Or a nap. I hear a little sleep can really give you a boost. And it's even legal.

No comments: