Monday, May 30, 2011

A break from us. And then more about us.

We have a new obsession at our house. I'm probably a bit behind on this, and you all have already felt the joy. But if you haven't, you need to watch all the Kid History videos on YouTube. Here's a link to my favorite, because I am not cool enough or smart enough to embed videos in my blog.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=cD2RO0Cws1Q

Madeline loves them. She likes to walk around the house saying "BUT....if you have two complatos....only two dollars!" They pretty much make my day. Anyway, I feel sort of anticlimactic now. I never share YouTube videos so I'm not sure what the protocol is now. Do we just say goodbye so you can go watch the movie? Should I gush about it for a while? Do we pretend it never happened and move on to other things, because our lives are so intensely interesting that we should never miss a chance to pontificate upon them? Yeah, that last option sounds about right to me.

Our exciting news is that Jessie got released from the Elder's quorum this past Sunday. They caught him smoking pot in the mother's room during fast and testimony meeting and that was that. No, I'm kidding. Jessie doesn't smoke pot, he only eats it in brownies. At any rate, he's now a free agent, and for at least a few weeks he doesn't have meetings on Sundays or visits during the week. Maybe longer if he'd take my advice and mention his love for coffee and R rated movies to the bishop. He's excited to see what's next, since he likes magnifying his calling and stuff. Weirdo. I'm voting for nursery, because then I could sub with him. Also because he loves nursery. Like he loves chocolate cake.

That's about it though. Our lives aren't really that exciting. Go watch all the movies. Even if you've already seen them. Because they are awesome. "BUT!"

No comments: