Sunday, May 1, 2011

It felt good on my lips. (Is that too scandalous for a blog title?)

I am here to assure you that we did not die following our awesome week of busyness, sickness, and chilling in the car. We're alive and well. And just to cheer you up, or gross you out, let me backtrack to about two weeks ago, when our cool daddy-o and I went on a date for his birthday festivities. Sans children. Which is the best part of dates. We headed up to the Gateway and had dinner, and then played the most awesome version of the alphabet game ever, in which we took pictures of ourselves kissing in front of all twenty-six letters of the alphabet. I'm sure we freaked out about 25% of the Gateway population, especially the lucky few we enlisted to help us get some difficult shots that Jessie's long manly arms just couldn't capture. Some people got really into it, though, including a helpful clerk at the Children's Discovery museum who was all set to follow us around and get all 26 letters. Jessie took the pictures and made them look pretty, and I now present them to you. In case I didn't make it clear, here is nice bold font to help you out: WE ARE KISSING IN ALL OF THESE PICTURES. IF PICTURES OF AWESOME, BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE LOCKING LIPS FREAK YOU OUT, DO NOT LOOK. There. I feel like I have now done my due diligence and it's your own fault if you need therapy.


My absolute favorites are the fire lane and the American Eagle picture where we aren't even actually touching. So now you know what we do on dates. We may be a little crazy. But at least we are the same level of crazy, which is what makes our marriage work. And we get cheap fun dates out of our craziness. Well, except for the part where we lost our parking stub and had to pay for a whole day's parking because no one trusts anyone anymore, and no one prints warnings about holding on to your parking stubs for flaky people like us either. And the parking attendent wouldn't take kissing pictures as payment. I don't know what her problem is.

2 comments:

Kate said...

You are my hero! Now, I just have to figure out how to talk Ken into fun like this.

Danelle Robins said...

That is awesome! Not sure Royal would be up to something like that, so this is really a tribute to Jessie. Way to go, buddy!