Thursday, May 26, 2011

Some rambling.

I like rain. I really do. I like that it cools things off during a hot summer. I love to watch thunder storms roll in and hear rain on the windows. I like to use it as an excuse to cuddle up and watch movies with my girls all day and ignore the stuff we're supposed to be doing. But as much as I love rain, I'm ready for several consecutive days of sunshine. There's only so many days you can cuddle up and watch movies before you feel lazy, your house is dirty, and your kid is bouncing off the walls. On the bright side, I have the rain to thank for getting a little more sleep around here. An all night storm led to the baby finally sleeping through the night again, which led to me connecting the dots and realizing maybe she just needed some auditory assistance. So we've been running a fan at night and she's sleeping better, and there's a white noise machine on the way to my house right this minute. Booyah. Of course, Madeline started having nightmares and yelling a lot, but we can only handle one crisis at a time. Maybe Madeline needs a white noise machine too. Maybe we'll go on a huge shopping spree and buy up every soothing noise maker in Utah County.

Also, on an unrelated note, I was really excited that Scotty won American Idol. My favorite singer actually won. That never happens. Because I cast an unlucky shadow. I feel validated that the world at large apparently appreciates country. Being a reformed country hater myself, I can understand the stigma against country music. But in the end it gets everyone. Also, I'm a sucker for southern accents. Yeehaw.

No comments: