Saturday, July 24, 2010

The pioneers did not have Instacares. So I salute them.

Happy Pioneer Day everyone. Our Pioneer Day has been eventful so far. I was looking forward to a relaxing weekend with the family, but instead was visited by a friendly bug and ended up with a sinus infection. So the weekend hasn't been as restful as I hoped. But between the not breathing and the sore throat and the pressure in my head, we've had some good holiday times. For instance, the nurse at the Instacare told me I was small for six months pregnant, which makes every pregnant woman a little bit happier. And I've been eating a lot of ice cream without guilt.

Madeline planned our 24th of July festivities. She's been talking about the fireworks non-stop since the fourth of July, and asks every day if we can see some more. Then earlier this week, she decided we should go swimming too. Madeline is a little fish with no proper fear of drowning, so swimming with her is an amusing adventure. She likes to take off all flotation devices and jump into the deepest part of the pool unsupervised. We feel this independence will serve her well in future life. If she doesn't drown first. And ever since we got done swimming, she's been asking if it's dark yet, because she knows that means fireworks. The sun has never taken so long to go down, but I'm sure she'll survive. Hope you all are having as awesome a day as we are.

No comments: