Monday, June 21, 2010

On fathers and father related things.

I guess I was supposed to post a tribute to fathers yesterday. Now I am officially uncool. So a little late: Yay for fathers. Mine, yours, his. Without fathers, there would be no us. Anyway, for father's day, Jessie got a new grill, and now he is a real manly man. We celebrated with steak, which Jessie cooked, because I am not manly enough to touch the grill. (Just kidding. Jessie would let me use the grill if I wanted to. He has no gender stereotypes except his nagging belief that Excel and budget sheets are definitely manly territory. But I use any excuse to let someone else do the cooking.) Unfortunately, I have my mother's tendency to buy way too much food for festive occasions. Fortunately, we had some friends to help us eat it so it wasn't so bad. And it gave Madeline the opportunity to kiss a boy. But that is a different story.

We celebrated Father's Day by taking my little brother down to Provo so he could start summer term at BYU. It brought warm fuzzies into my heart. And a lot of memories of my freshman year at BYU, hanging out in Heritage Halls and generally getting into mischief. I tried to impart my wisdom to my younger sibling, but I'm sorry to say he'll probably ignore it, and be better off for it too. Which tells you he's a smart kid.

That's about it. But I can't leave you without reminding our fans that tomorrow is the big day, in which we discover if our newest spawn will be of the male or female variety. stay tuned for the exciting developments. Or just, you know, ignore us for a few months and check back for pictures in November and you can find out that way. But I don't have the patience.

No comments: