Friday, June 25, 2010

It's a baby!

Well, in case you haven't heard, the results are in. And there's going to be even more estrogen around here. Just like my illustrious mother, we'll be beginning our family with two girls in a row! We're pretty excited about this. I'm really glad Madeline will have a sister to play with, and that I don't have to do any extra sewing projects to recover pink things in blue. And I get to reuse all of the cute dresses and shoes that Madeline didn't spend nearly enough time in. Now that I know, I'm having to restrain myself from doing up the crib and stocking the baby's dresser. I have enough discipline to at least put it off until Monday. Maybe. Or we might be ready for this baby by Sunday afternoon, even though she won't be ready for us for another four months. (She! Isn't that great?)

One thing that probably won't be ready for four months, however, is the name. We haven't really talked about any yet, and we're not going to narrow it down to less than three or four until after this girl makes an appearance. And we won't be sharing our contemplations, because we got a little too much input last time. Which resulted in us frantically trying to name our poor nameless child late at night after she'd already been around most of the day. And let me tell you, there's nothing more awkward than staring stupidly at a baby for twelve hours without being on a first name basis. And not knowing what to tell people when they call or visit to congratulate you and want to know what creative moniker you've bestowed on the little bundle of joy. So we're hoping to avoid that this time and decide pretty quickly.

Anyway. Hip hip hooray for little girls and sisters! And there was much rejoicing in the Warner household.

No comments: