Monday, June 7, 2010

My offspring and my poor choices.

Recently Madeline has decided she's a big fan of the Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde movement. When she's happy, she's downright adorable. But when she's not happy, heaven help us all. She's rediscovered temper tantrums and we're having a lot of fun trying to convince her that being happy is way more fun. But I'm trying to focus on the downright adorableness, because that gives me less headaches. On that front, our big news for the day is that Madeline finally learned how to pedal her bike (really a tricycle/scooter thing). I've been trying to teach her for a month and today she finally connected the dots. It was kind of amazing how excited I was. I'm usually excited about Madeline's accomplishments, but not in a I want to shout it to the world kind of way, and tell random strangers, and give her a trophy. I haven't really been like that since she was learning to roll over and crawl and other such milestones. I blame the pregnancy hormones.

Speaking of which, I just realized there's a baby in there. Because the last week or so there's been some weird fluttering/flipping action going on that catches me off guard at weird times of day and reminds me: oh yeah. Something is alive in there. I'd kind of forgotten about that part. But I'm glad, because I can't wait for it to really start jiving so I can let Madeline feel it, because I'm pretty sure she'll think it's a hoot and we'll be set for entertainment for the next five months. Oh, and so Jessie can feel it move. But let's be honest, he's been there/done that, so Madeline's reaction is going to be more novel.

And, lastly, because I would just like to inform you all that I must be crazy. Because I've officially committed to returning to the bane of my existence. Which, in case you missed the last three years of my life, is a little place called Antimony. Which you can read about in the archives if you want to know all about how our grudge fest. And then you can wonder, as I am, if my IQ dropped twenty points or I just enjoy punishment. I fully expect to get sucked down a river or go into premature labor in the middle of nowhere or have Madeline get eaten by a bear. But these are sacrifices we must make.

1 comment:

JoeyJoeJoe said...

wahhahahahahah. Antimony!!!. wahahahaha. I am sure Jessie is pretty excited about it and who knows maybe, just maybe you will have the best time of your life. Plus, Jessie has an iphone now and that is pretty much the modern swiss army knife so you guys are set for a fun enjoyable time......hopefully. P.S. when LIz gets back we need to have you guys over again. It is our turn to host.