Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What I did on my summer vacation

Wow. I have become a major slacker. You guys don't care about what I did the last few weeks, I know, so it's all good. But maybe I'll give you a quick rundown anyway so I can feel like I've been blogging the last two weeks. Good plan.

-We picked up Curtis from the airport. He's still short and skinny. Madeline likes him, but she likes bananas more.

-We went to California. GPS is a good thing to have when no one brings directions. Madeline behaves better when she's not in the same vehicle I'm in. Good to know for future family vacations. We'll just mail her there in a large box.

-We played at the beach. There are large waves at the beach. If you can't swim properly, don't try to "ride" one. It'll end up giving you a fun ride into a mountain full of sand that will cake every part of your body. Seriously. I was getting sand out of my ears a week later. Also, Madeline doesn't like seeing me tossed around by waves. It makes her cry. She does like throwing sand on people's legs.

-We went to the mall. It was about six zillion times bigger than any mall in Utah, but no fun to shop at because all the dressing rooms had lines about half an hour long. Don't take boys to the mall if you want to have fun. They don't like malls.

-We went to Wicked. It was awesome and someday when I'm rich I'm going to go to New York and spend every night at a Broadway musical for a year. But don't take pictures of yourself on your phone before it starts because the ushers are cranky.

-We went to church. Curtis liked this a lot. But only because he didn't go to relief society, where the lesson title seemed to be "Why relief society was founded so women could have group therapy sessions and encourage each other to be selfish and pamper themselves". I took the opportunity to skip the meeting and play with Madeline on all the sweet toys sitting in the hall by the nursery. My mom and sister were jealous.

-We played board games. I beat Jessie at Settlers of Catan. Just had to throw that out there.

-We went to Sea World. We saw a lot of whales, of which I could not tell you which one was Shamu. All I know is he wasn't the beluga whale in the Arctic exhibit. Madeline refused to ride in her stroller, even though at the hotel all she wanted to do was ride it through the hallway. She was rewarded with a stuffed penguin for her disobedience. There were also Clydesdale horses, because apparently they are sea animals as long as that beer company owns Sea World.

-We played basketball. I scored the winning shot. It was probably the only one I made.

-We went to the zoo and saw a bunch of animals. Madeline learned to talk like a monkey. I saw a hippopotamus. We all bought hats, except my dad, who obviously didn't need one because he has a lot of hair on his head providing him with shade. We forced Madeline to ride in her stroller and she learned to like it because she doesn't know how to undo her seat belt.

-We went swimming a lot. I tried to learn how to swim properly and failed.

- We came home and Madeline learned to throw really long, loud temper tantrums. Thus my lack of blogging.

So, that's what we did. It was fun. It was awesome. No one died. Successful trip.

No comments: