Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I was randomly thinking about...

I was wondering today who makes up e-mail forwards. I get them occasionally, but pretty much always ignore them, if only because having something horrible happen to me in the next 48 hours because I didn't pass it on could only spice up my life. But who in their right mind would actually write up one of those things and send it? By the time I get them, they've always been forwarded at least ten times. I can see how some of the cheesy feel good stories could get started by some overly emotional hormonal woman who cries when she reads that precious story about the blind kindergartner from Iowa who wrote Amazing Grace, and decides to forward it to all her friends, who are also overly hormonal, and send it to all their friends, and add pictures and change the fonts to size 300 with flashing colors. But who adds the part that says your child will become a musical prodigy if you forward it on to twenty people? Or that your long lost flame will call you in the next 12 hours if you press forward right away? Or that if you don't send to every single person you ever cared about within twenty minutes you'll always be angry and bitter and all those people will know you didn't send it and hate you forever? My favorites are the ones that try to give you guilt trips. If you don't pass on the story of the soldier who saved his whole platoon after his wife prayed for him, you hate America. And Christianity. And men. And small children. So send it, you heartless cold soul! I like to delete those first. Apparently all my fondest wishes and dreams will never come true because I won't play the game, but I'm okay with that. Just know that if you're not receiving a daily forward from me telling you you're one of my five best girlfriends ever, I hate you.

No comments: