Monday, August 10, 2009

Home again home again, jiggity jig

So, I haven't said anything about it yet, because my brother threatened us all into deep silence. But I'm pretty sure the word is out by now, so I can confess: I'm really excited for Elder Lundstrom to get home from his mission. And meet his niece. Because she's pretty dratted adorable. Also, because after he does that we can go on a trip to California, which is almost as exciting as seeing your brother after two years. (Just kidding. California is way more exciting, right?) I didn't think I'd miss him too much, since I'd been away at college for a while before he left and didn't waste away of loneliness or anything. But not seeing him often and not being able to see him at all are two way different things. So I will definitely be a little anxious to get to the airport this week, and not because I love riding the escalators. Even though escalators are almost as cool as California.

So I've been trying to show Madeline pictures of her long lost uncle so she'll recognize him a little bit when she sees him. She gets really attentive, but so far she won't say "Curtis". Only "Hi Dale!" And "Bryce!" and "What's that?" Usually followed by hysterical laughing. Because apparently life is way funnier than I'd realized and I've been missing out for the last twenty years. She laughs at everything. She likes to laugh at kids she sees. She laughs when she drops things. She laughs when I have to chase her into the back of the men's room at church becuase someone who hates me propped the door open. And yes, it is extremely awkward to walk out of the men's room when people are walking by that didn't see you chasing a disobedient toddler in. Just another thing that's sure to impress our new ward.

No comments: