Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The good old days

So I was looking at my old high school yearbook last night. (That's so old, because I graduated five years ago, but whatever.) Besides becoming convinced once again that someone should have taken pity on me and given me a fashion makeover, I was able to relive all the geeky activities and goofy friendships of my senior year. And I realized I've been lying to people when I told them I had no desire to ever return to high school. I thought that was true. College was much better to me, and a lot more fun. But I made some good friends in high school that I don't really get to see much anymore, and I realized it wouldn't be so bad to go back and relive the glory days. Don't get me wrong. I don't miss it enough to go to my five year reunion. I'd rather be in California. But enough that maybe I'll quit pretending my life began in college. At least if all the people who wrote about how horrible BYU would be in my yearbook will admit it didn't work out that badly for me.

No comments: