Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The verdict is in...

Well, here we are. Two weeks later, as promised, and I believe I owe you some information. Hold on to your hats, ladies and gents. The Warner household is about to up the ante. Apparently it is about 306 percent positive that our little one is all....boy. That's right, boy. Apparently Jessie has some manliness to share. He is very satisfied, of course, because he is sexist and would have been heartbroken at a femal fetus. Haha. Just kidding. He's a sucker for girls and romantic comedies, as we all know. But he is super excited to have a boy. I think he's probably online buying BYU football tickets for ten years from now. I am also quite thrilled. The last few weeks I've been having a hard time not referring to the babe as a He, and last night dreamed that it was a girl and started hyperventilating because it was all wrong and it was supposed to be a boy. It just feels like a good thing. Also, I started thinking about tiny little boy's suits and ties and got a little bit worked up. Dratted pregnancy hormones.

The only downside is that we have almost no boy names we like. As usual, we won't be disucussing the names we like with anyone, but this time it will be a bit easier, because we don't have any. Probably we'll name him Fredette. Or Josh Lyman. Or maybe Benjamin Franklin Hawkeye. So many options. And while I'm pondering the many possibilities, I get to go boy clothes shopping. And figure out how to make a pink bouncer look manly. Maybe I'll just put a sign promoting breast cancer awareness on our front door, and then I don't have to redo anything pink. I love supporting a good cause and getting to be lazy at the same time. I have a feeling a boy is going to be a lot of fun. I just hope he doesn't mind getting his nails painted.

3 comments:

Emilee said...

cooooool! you will have a huge crush on him! the baby that is. :D

emily said...

Congrats!!!!

Scarlett said...

How fun! Congrats!