Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Trucking along. Woohoo.

Hello again, my faithful few. Time for more exciting Warner exploits! In our last episode, we were looking forward to the many adventures of September. Unfortunately, my immune system continues to be fickle, and I seem to catch every sniffle and cough that comes around. Also random shoulder pain that incapacitates my arm. But that's another matter. On to the good stuff! Besides dying, we've been having a blast. Guess who is learning to walk? Everyone's favorite Warner almost toddler, Kimberly! She's not actually to walking capacity yet, but she took her first steps and she can be persuaded to take up to five or six at a time before she succumbs to your enemy and mine, gravity. Why we are encouraging these rogue activities is beyond me, but there you go. Some irrepressible parental urge to prepare your child to outrun predators probably.

Since I only blog every two years, I know you are all dying to see if I have turned into a pumpkin yet. Here you go:
I feel like I'm getting bigger, but more slowly. Not inflating like one of those rafts on an airplane. Life is pretty good, because I'm feeling pretty good for being pregnant. Definitely a little more energy and almost zero nausea, which is excellent. And the baby is starting to move, which I forgot how much I love. Go second trimester. Well, except the whole not sleeping thing. Because I have to be turned like a pancake every two minutes. Also because the baby has found my bladder. Also because my toddler likes to fall out of bed frequently. And scream. But hey, in good news, only two weeks until we identify the gender chromosomes on our growing life form. Excitement and expectation abound. I have no idea. No inclinations, no burning desires, no visions or intuitions. Jessie has no such qualms and says it's a boy. Feel free to weigh in. Whoever can accurately guess the gender, estimated gestational age, number of ounces of liquid I'm going to consume before the ultrasound, the name of the ultrasound tech, and the color Jessie's face would turn if I successfully tricked him into thinking it was triplets, wins a trip to our house and an afternoon of fun with my children. Let the fierce competition begin!

No comments: