Monday, July 18, 2011

Guess what we get to talk about for the next seven months.

So being pregnant is awesome. Mostly because I love wanting to puke my guts out and feeling exhausted even if I sleep in and take a two hour nap. But the most awesome thing is that even though the scale maintains I'm not packing on the pounds, my profile disagrees. I know this is normal when you're gestating human life, but I feel like ten weeks is a little early to be showing when I usually don't until well into the second trimester. I am breaking my photo silence to prove to you that I am protruding. Observe.


Forgive the blurriness. And the pajamas. I was going to wait until a day when I took the time to look good, but then I remembered I don't do that. So this is as good as it gets. I am resigned. Apparently being recently pregnant means your body is ultra prepared to grow again. Awesome.

In other awesome news, we almost bought a minivan. I say almost because we didn't. Obviously. Fun story. We found this fantastic deal on a van that had everything we wanted. It was dirt cheap because it was a salvage title, but seemed to be working great and was perfect for us. So we looked at it on Saturday, told the guy we wanted it, and arranged to have it thoroughly checked out Monday (because we learned from our last purchase of a salvage title to get the next one evaluated. In case it had been underwater and someone neglected to tell us.) Then the guy called us Sunday night to tell us his wife had borrowed the van to run errands, and totally crashed it. Pretty much totaled. Which was awesome for both of us, because we don't get a nice cheap van, and they don't get as much money because insurance companies suck. Frankly, I'm surprised it was insured because I'm pretty sure the guy didn't have it legally registered and was just switching out the plates with his car when he drove it. But I don't ask these sorts of legal questions when I'm buying off the black market. (Kidding. As far as I know everything was above board and legal. We like not going to prison.) So, we have concluded the romance was not meant to be and eagerly await our next chance at a meaningful, lasting relationship with a van that's in it for the right reasons. Yes, we might be watching the Bachelor. I don't know how you guessed. We all do things we're ashamed of when we are fat and nauseous and without minivan.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Congratulations Cami!
I just came across your blog, and what a fun first post for me to see. I'm so excited for you guys!!