Tuesday, June 7, 2011

We continue to be awesome and organized.

The last few days we have been organizing. Remember I said I was getting organized? Well, as you can see from the date of that post, we went right out and got on that. Because we're so awesome. But finally we decided we can no longer ignore the mess that is the pile of shoes by our door and the pile of boxes in our basement. Or rather, Jessie promised me pretty furniture if we took care of it. I am easily bribed. So we bought one of these:

Madeline was really disappointed upon opening the box to find out the bed wasn't in there too. False advertising! We're going to sue. But Jessie had a lot of fun putting it together. He started out by complaining that he didn't have a drill to put the screws in really quickly. And I was like dude, what is that in your hand? And he informed me it was a cheap drill with no power and he needed a real manly man drill. And this sounded suspiciously to me like a conversation we had at Christmas. And this is what followed:

Me: Didn't my mom buy you a drill for Christmas? A power drill?
Jessie: No.
Me: Are you sure? I remember you getting a power tool for Christmas.
Jessie: I think it was a saw.
Me: I'm pretty sure I told her you wanted a drill.
Jessie: I think it was a saw. Probably...maybe I'll look.

He came back upstairs with a power drill. A really nice one.

Jessie: I totally forgot I had this! It's like Christmas again!

Then he read the directions and found out you can't use a power drill or it might crack the wood. So he used his extremely awesome non-power screwdriver. I laughed a lot.

Then we bought a bunch of bookshelves from Ikea to organize all the junk in our basement. I still don't really know what all is down there, but there are now a lot of pretty shelves to put it on. Those were pretty fun to put together too. And this time, Jessie did a lot of laughing at me. Because let's just say that driving nails was not my focus at college. And I'm really awesome at it. You want to hire me. I know you do. Anyway. Now we have to go through things and clean. You might even get before and after pictures if you're lucky. If that doesn't violate the basic tenants of this blog. I'll probably decide on that critical ethical point based on whether I am motivated enough to take the after pictures. You've been warned.

No comments: