Sunday, June 12, 2011

We are stylin', happening people who do stuff.

I cut Madeline's hair. You might think this was a bad idea. It certainly sounded foolhardy at the time, and I was probably on drugs when I made this decision. Except I don't like drugs, so maybe a sleep deprivation induced haze was responsible. (Kimberly continues to awaken at obscene hours. Or at least hours I consider obscene, which is anytime before 6:30. Sorry if that is your happy time of day. I mean no offense. Except to tell you you're a freak of nature. But anyway. This whole tangent is a post for another time. Or one I already wrote. I can't remember. Back to Madeline's hair.) So at first Madeline was really gung ho about the while hair cutting thing because she wanted to be like Rapunzel. Then she understandably freaked out upon meeting her hair stylist. Then she was promised milk and cookies for good behavior and got back into the mood and enjoyed yelling "Eugene!" at random intervals. Her hair is really short now because she would not stop moving. But once I got over the shock and the guilt (for not consulting Jessie about this insanity), I think it turned out pretty cute. And independent third party polling companies agree. That is a fancy way of saying my neighbors and family, most of which didn't know I did it myself, so I feel like that removes some bias. I would post a picture, but I just realized I haven't taken a picture yet, and since Madeline is in bed and there is no way in heck I awaken that child once we have achieved Nirvana, you will just have to trust me that it's adorable and eagerly await our next photo shoot. Kimberly did not get a haircut and probably won't until she's three because apparently I am overly attached to baby curls.

In other news, we took the family to Lagoon on Friday and had the adventure of our lives. Since you asked, I will give you my now infamous, numerically ordered list of things I learned from the experience. Because I know you love them. So much order and wisdom.

1. I love Dramamine. I did not realize how much until I got old and lame.
2. You cannot go to an amusement park and entertain your child and yourself. You must choose. No fence sitting.
3. Lagoon is now forcing you to buy their overpriced drinks by substituting "free" drinks for deposits on lockers and tubes. Just thought you should know so you can be enraged.
4. I hate handicap policies. I will not elaborate but trust me that I am not bashing on real handicapped people. Just the policies amusement parks have about them and people who manipulate and take advantage of those policies.
5. You can build snowmen out of piles of pollen. If you're into that sort of thing.
6. Babies like stuffed tigers and rice puffs. They do not like sunscreen.
7. Watching little kids pretend to drive cars and make friends with strangers is pretty adorable. Watching little kids almost puke is not adorable. But kind of funny. As long as they don't actually puke.
8. Walking around an amusement park all day gives you free license to eat cookies all day. I like that.

I think you now understand what a fantastic time it was. Fun all around. I would expand on our adventures more but Jessie just suggested we have two kids every year for the next ten years and I have to go have him tested for dementia. Too much sun at Lagoon, I guess.

No comments: