Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Things that make my head hurt.

So when I say I have midwinter blah headaches, I wasn't kidding. They invite themselves over every day. And thus my blog suffers. (See. I always have the best excuses. I should win some sort of contest.) And also suffering is the cleanliness of my house, the entertainment of my children, and my sanity. Also Jessie. But we don't have to worry about him because he's resourceful and he'll land on his feet. After a month of these lovely headaches, I was feeling a little bit like chopping off my own head and replacing it with a pumpkin. Instead I went to the doctor, because let's face it, no one has ever successfully replaced their head with a pumpkin, Ichabod Crane notwithstanding. The doctor was very helpful. He told me I had tension headaches. Thank you, doctor for enlightening me. I knew that much from google, because I am not a helpless fool on the Internet. Also I am a hypocondriac, so webMD is my friend. The doctor figures the headaches are from lack of sleep and neck pain from breastfeeding. So as soon as I have no children it should clear right up. In the meantime, I have doctor's permission to be perpetually drugged up and high on caffeine. So we are going to party like it's 1999 around here and see how addicted we can get to various substances.

But enough about me. Let's talk about crazy people. So I created a facebook event to let our families know about our upcoming baby blessing. And I left it public in case I forgot any family members, so they could see when and where and all that jazz. Then I went to check the guest list, to see who all was coming, and all these people had RSVPed. Random people I didn't know. Mostly friends of family members I invited. And I thought to myself, who are these crazy people? I know facebook isn't the most formal avenue to issue invitations, but isn't there still some basic etiquette? Like, don't invite yourself to the random baby blessings of people you don't know? Fortunately, most of them said they couldn't make it. Thank you, random stalker friend of friends. I'm pleased you saw fit to be polite enough to tell me you won't be able to make it, since I was definitely counting on your presence. Does it give you a sense of importance to RSVP to as many random events on Facebook as possible? Does it make you feel popular and your social calendar fuller? Of course, one or two of these people I don't know said they might be there. I'm curious to see if they show up. Because that would be a great story to tell at parties. Needless to say, I changed my privacy settings. Because you can only find so much humor in creepy Internet stalkers who don't follow the unwritten rules of internet stalking. Cardinal rule number one: stay under the radar.

1 comment:

emily said...

Ha!! This is hilarious! Thanks for the laugh! I am with you on the headaches... EVERYDAY!! It is getting old. And seriously? Random RSVP's?? That is wierd.. just wierd...