Wednesday, January 12, 2011

All About Kimberly

May we take a moment to step back and achkowledge the fact that I didn't go a week between blog posts? No applause please, just throw money.

Anyway. In case someday, my children decide to kill a rainy Saturday reading old blog posts, I don't want to be accused of favoritism. And let's face it, I just want to share all the intimate details about my baby like when she poops and how much she eats and how long her fingernails are. So let us commence the blogpost dedicated to that star of our household: Kimberly Leona Warner!

The poor girl had her two month dictor's appointment, and it turns out she's my little chunk, weighing in at 12 pounds 9 ounces. Two and half pounds more than her sister at the same age, despite starting out smaller. Hooray for chubby babies! She falls in the 90th percentile for height and weight. So much for my tiny newborn. Unfortunately, she does not like vaccines. About four hours after receiving the shots, she melted into a screaming ball of insanity. Madeline levels of loud death screams from my normally happy and chill offspring. Large doses of Tylonel have calmed her to manageable proportions, but she still lets you know she's sore if you move her legs at all. So we're having a fun day.

But let's talk about how Kimberly is when she's not building up immunity to serious diseases. She's a bundle of fun now, smiling at anybody who'll give her the time of day. The girl loves attention and has a grin that has roughly the same effect on my brain as cocaine. (No really. I read a study that says it's true.) she doesn't like tummy time, but what baby does like having their face shoved into the floor? She eats well and naps well as long as she's away from Madeline. (Although she got her revenge today with her vaccine induced tantrum and woke Madeline up for a change. I knew Maddie would get her comeuppance someday.) She's become quite the talker and tells us crazy stories, making me really excited to hear her explanations for being late for curfew in fifteen years. She's usually at her cutest at four in the morning when I'm trying to get her back to bed, and routinely keeps me up longer than I was planning on, enjoying the cocaine high. Of course, I always regret this at 6:30 when morning comes knocking on my eyelids, but that doesn't kep me from making the same mistake the next night. Darned baby smiles.

So that's Kimberly in a nutshell. We're pretty glad she hangs out with us all the day. If you don't have a Kimberly, we recommend them highly. But you have to get your own. This one is taken.

1 comment:

Vernice said...

Thanks for the update. I love reading your blog. I weighed Jared here yesterday at 5 weeks and he weight 12 lbs. He is going to out grow Nathan here soon you weighs 25 lbs. We will have to get a "Kimberly." Wish we lived closer to hang out.`