Thursday, December 16, 2010

My weekly update on our coolness and other amazing details.

So I always have really good excuses for not blogging for forever. Which makes me really cool. This time it is an infection that knocked me out for a weekend, a constipated baby, and general busyness doing Christmas shopping, seeing family, and other cool stuff like that. And since it's almost Christmas, I'll probably slack off some more in the coming weeks. Hooray for slackers (and my house shows it too. For all the same excuses, my house is kind of a mess. But for that one I also throw in the whole new baby excuse.)

Anyway, now that we're done with the requisite apologizing, we can discuss cool things. Like Madeline. Madeline is cool this week because she has reached new heights of defiance in public places. I keep thinking we've reached the threshold, but then she continues to amaze me. I knew my daughter had special talents. We spent half of sacrament meeting last week in an empty classroom throwing tantrums on the floor, part walking in and out of the chapel and screaming, and a small portion in another empty classroom having a long lesson about reverence and showing respect to Heavenly Father. Which she promptly forgot entirely when we tried to reenter the chapel for the closing prayer. We also spent a fair amount of time this week putting on a show for local shoppers in various retail locales. I'm sure they were amused by our game of tag through the stores, the kicking and screaming on the floor, and the parts where I gave up trying to control her and let her rip apart the toy displays. I'm a little tired of being THAT mother in the store. That you are either laughing at, judging, or pitying. Depending on your experience with young children.

But in other news, my other progeny continues to give me hope for the rising generation and counter Madeline's attempts to stop our family growth at two. Other than the whole constipation thing, which is really rather sad, she continues to be a dream. Last night she actually slept for seven and a half hours. She usually sleeps for five or six anyway. Go ahead, hate me. I would feel guilty, but I feel like it's a compensatory gift for enduring Madeline's first six months of life. Or something. I probably don't deserve it at all, but let's not analyze it, lest we kill a good thing. And in other good news for my sanity, I'm done with my Christmas shopping and feeling great. (Wow, I'm a braggart today, huh?) So life, overall, is pretty festive and awesome. Hope you are half as cool as us over here in Warnerville. (Kidding. Totally kidding. I'm just feeling annoyingly chipper today, apparently. Long naps and brownies will do that to you.)

No comments: