Saturday, November 6, 2010

Our last weekend in what we pretend is normalacy.

Hey sports fans. I could regale you with tales about how delighted I am BYU is actually playing football today, or how much I really hope TCU creams Utah today. (Please, hold your hate mail. I know many of you are Ute fans with great arguments about why Utah should win. Stuff it. You won't change my mind.) But I know the action you're all interested in is the athletic debut of the newest Warner spawn. Since there's been no action on that front this week, we're resigning ourselves to waiting until Induction Monday. The biggest sporting event of the year. Two days and counting. Not that I'm counting. Okay, you caught me. I'm totally counting. It's kind of hard not to when you're two days away. Your brain just sort of automatically calculates these sorts of things.

Anyway. I'm basically freaking out a little bit, and trying to think of things we need to do before we can have a baby, and realizing it's all pretty much done. And there's nothing to do but wait. Madeline keeps encouraging her younger sister to make an entrance by yelling through my belly button. Jessie is all for drinking the castor oil to get things rolling. I'm all of a sudden wondering if I'm ready to parent a toddler and a newborn and realizing it's much too late to be asking these questions. So off we go to D-day. Next time you hear from me, we should be announcing big things. Name, weight, social security number. All the good stuff. Wish us luck.

No comments: