Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What we've been up to.

I think I've officially become an occasional blogger. We'll blame it on pregnancy and see if I become more verbose after I'm no longer tired and prone to complaints. (These are my excuses for not blogging. Laziness, and not wanting to impose my melancholy moods on you. I know you're grateful.) Actually, the last few weeks have been relatively eventful. We celebrated my brother's birthday, went on a picnic up the canyon, visited farm country and the gardens at Thanksgiving Point, went to a few ward parties, visited with some friends, and have generally been enjoying summer now that Jessie has the time. Madeline's been enjoying the outings, and talks about each one for days and weeks afterwords. She's really fond of telling me about the baby kangaroo she saw at our ward party, and asks every day to go up to the mountains to throw rocks in the river.

Jessie is still trying to make up the void in his life left by school by doing everything I'm supposed to be doing, and I'm not complaining. Not to brag, but the other day he told me to take a Sunday afternoon nap while he tidied up a little bit. I woke up to a completely clean house and dinner two hours later. I usually refrain from making this blog into a memorial to Jessie, but sheesh: what a guy. Madeline has been a champ too, being really cooperative about picking up her toys and anything else at floor level this old pregnant woman doesn't want to bend over to get. Singing the clean up song from nursery all the while, incidentally. She must take after her dad. A girl could do worse than those two.

No comments: