Friday, August 20, 2010

An uneventful Friday.

Madeline and I are on strike today. I'm not sure what Madeline is striking against. Sleep, presumably, since she woke up at six and took a relatively shortened nap. I'm on strike against chores. (Well, I started after doing the dishes and straightening a bit this morning. Because that would have made my strike self-punishing as I sat and watched the dirty dishes mold.) I decided that when I clean the house, you can't tell what I did .5-24 hours later. So I'm not doing it today. Until my house becomes a smoldering heap of dirt, or nothing happens and I realize my life is meaningless. Whichever. In the meantime, we're bored stiff. We're also boycotting Cinderella, we're sick of books and games, and I'm too lazy to go to the park. So here we sit. We got desperate and painted our nails. Well, Madeline sat there and I painted both of our nails. We do Madeline's occasionally, but I haven't painted my nails in...years probably. They are now bright pink. This is how bored we are. Hopefully Jessie will come home soon and relieve us of our doldrums. Or we might end up doing our hair and actually breaking out the makeup. If I can find it. Heaven help us.

No comments: