Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The joys of children

I'm starting to feel pregnant. Surprise. It seems like the third trimester has decided to make an appearance in the past week or two. Meaning my stomach all of a sudden feels rather large, my back is starting to ache, my feet are starting to swell. I'm debating whether it's too early to give up on shaving my legs for the duration. I might have to continue to make an effort until it's cool enough to wear pants on a regular basis. I suppose these are some of the perks of being pregnant during the summer. Bless Madeline for being born in April.

But enough of my pregnancy woes, and more of the hijinks of my first offspring. Madeline is as feisty and independent as ever. She recently figured out that she can get out of her toddler bed and leave her room without waiting for explicit permission. Which is great in the morning when she'll come crawl into bed with me and I don't have to get up to get her. But not so awesome when I put her down for a nap or bedtime and she decides she's not ready to sleep. I love two year olds. Madeline has also gotten very into letters and words. We recently acquired bathroom crayons, and she loves to have me write words on the side of the bathtub. Oddly enough, she often asks me to write "Warner" and "Cami". I didn't know she knew our last name. Other favorite words for the tub wall include "Daddy" and "kangaroo". This is what we do everyday. Aren't you jealous?

No comments: