Wednesday, November 23, 2011

You and Me Baby, We're Stuck Like Glue

So I've been feeling pretty lame the last few days. Every year, I show my love for my dear husband on our anniversary by writing a heartfelt, exceedingly awesome, sometimes tongue in cheek post for our special day. It is definitely his favorite part of the occasion. He hates getaways, dates, presents, kisses, and all that stuff, but give him a good blog post and the romance is alive. Unfortunately, I am late this year. I hang my head in shame. I offer up as excuse croup and advanced pregnancy. We did celebrate on our actual anniversary, croup and all (thanks mom, for staying up all night with my sick kid! You know you love it!). So we are not completely lame. Just sort of. But since this year is a big number, or as big as you can get when your marriage is still younger than a kindergartner, I hereby humbly offer up a belated toast to our awesomeness. Five big ones since we tied the knot and got stuck for eternity, and we're still rolling! Breaking records right and left! Pretending to be grownups! Buying houses, paying loans, having careers and repopulating the earth! Good times. In honor of the event, I wrote this poem about Jessie. It rhymes and everything.

Jessie, Jessie, he's my man,
If he can't love me no one can!
Roses are red, violets are blue,
Jessie is cute and I am too.
There once was a boy from Lehi,
He liked to drink grape Nehi.
He likes his wife, he has a great life,
And semi decent wifi.
Knock Knock! Who's there?
A really patient, helpful, loving, tolerant husband.
Jessie who?

Okay, so that last part doesn't rhyme, but I don't know if you've heard, poetry doesn't have to rhyme anymore to be genius. I am simply ahead of my time. Anyway, I could wax eloquent for several more paragraphs, but we don't want to kill you with our mushiness and extremely moving and long story of love, life, and general silliness. So I'll just say this: In all seriousness, I have an amazing husband. I don't like to brag so I don't give him all the credit he deserves publicly all the time, but he really is so good to me and I'm still a little blown away I got so lucky and fell into this great life with him. I can honestly say he makes me incredibly happy, and I feel like any woman who can say that about her husband is doing pretty well for herself. So Happy Anniversary, Pookie Pie! And Happy Thanksgiving! And Merry Christmas! Happy Hannukah! Merry Kwanza! The last five years have been one big holiday anyway. Let's keep it up and continue this party forever. And a little bit more.


(requisite photo of us, because we are beautiful, humble, refined people who you cannot get enough of)

No comments: