Saturday, October 16, 2010

Thinking about babies and baby brothers who aren't babies.

Not much has changed around here lately, because I've officially entered waiting mode. Pretty much nothing can hold my attention for long except wondering when this little girl will decide to make an appearance. I've made up my mind it won't be for three weeks until her actual due date to try and avoid disappointment, but that's hard to remember when everyone keeps telling me it could be anytime. Drat all the well-wishing and kind people I run around with. We had another doctor's appointment and things are progressing well. I'm dilated to a 2, which basically means she could hang out there for another month or make a surprise appearance tomorrow (just because it's my brother's farewell and I told Jessie I cannot go into labor this weekend because I'm too busy.) You know that you, the blogging world and my facebook acquaintances, will be at least in the top 50 people I tell, so be sure to wait eagerly for any unexpected updates. But don't wait too eagerly or you'll throw off my calm, collected, patient waiting.

In the meantime, we're keeping busy so that I have as little time as possible to brood. Madeline and I have been doing a lot of shopping and thinking about getting ready for Halloween. (We don't actually do anything because we object to productivity around here.) Although the other day, thanks to some on the ball neighbors, I actually did a Halloween craft. Me. An honest to goodness craft. And it doesn't look like a first grader did it. I may have to post pictures. Until then, I don't blame you for being skeptical. And this weekend will be busy, as I mentioned, because my little brother is giving his last talk in church before his mission. Formerly known as a farewell. I can't believe the little squirt is actually old enough to go, but he assures me it's true, and since he has to shave every day, I'm starting to believe him. I better go warn the people of Chile so they'll know what they're getting into.

No comments: