Thursday, October 21, 2010

Out of the mouths.

Madeline is getting quite independent, as always, and the latest manifestation of this is wanting to say her own prayers. This is how her last prayer went for lunch:

"Heavenly Father. Bless this day. And the pumpkins and the ghosts. And then a nap. When it is dark. It's not dark yet. Light outside. And at work. Bless Daddy at work...(with prompting) bless the food. And Jayden's party. Name of Christ. Amen."

I'm pretty sure we'll keep this girl. Because when she's not making me cry,I'm laughing hysterically. Although the other day I asked her to pick up her toys repeatedly. Finally I said, "It would make mommy so happy if you picked up your toys." She turned her back on me and ran away. Then she looked back, smirked, and said, "Mommy sad." Little punk. In other news, if we watch Cinderella one more time this week, the DVD might accidentally get lost. Because I can only sleep through it about 100 times before I need a change of pace.

No comments: