Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Vacation!

All of a sudden I feel like it's fall. This makes me a little bit sad, but mostly pretty happy. For several reasons. First, because the temperature will be dropping, so I might actually venture out of my air-conditioned fortress. Also because it means we're officially less than two months from D-day. And autumn is just my favorite season all around, so win-win-win.

To celebrate the onset of September, we went on a family weekend getaway to St. George. I'd never really spent time there before, but it was a lot of fun. We went to Tuacahn and saw Tarzan, climbed around on a bunch of red rocks, spent a lot of time swimming, shopping, and golfing, and generally relaxed at the condo my parents rented. I may have spent a bit more time lounging than the others, as I was a bit under the weather. Madeline had a blast being spoiled and eating junk food and not sleeping at all. A nice way to spend a holiday weekend, overall.

Now we're back to real life, and being obsessed with having a baby in two months. Here's what's notable the last week or so:
-I finally had to ditch my wedding ring as the heat in St. George made my fingers fatter. It took a lot longer this time than with Madeline, so I'm okay with this development.
-We switched this month from appointments every 4 weeks to every 2 weeks. We might still be eight weeks away, but this is encouraging. It makes me feel like things are happening. Even if it's only that I'm getting weighed twice as often.
-Jalopy is getting stronger and kicking more. Usually when I'm trying to sleep. And occasionally hard enough that I gasp for breath. So much for hoping this baby would be calmer than Madeline.
-I'm not sleeping much at night anymore. I'll leave you to imagine how sad this makes me.

Anyway. That's what's exciting in the life of Cami. Until next time.

No comments: